DU Well Represented on Denver's 40 Under 40 List
The Denver Business Journal's annual 40 Under 40 list shines a spotlight on the Mile High City’s young movers and shakers. DU, as usual, was well represented on the list, with eight alumni and one staffer making the cut to account for more than 20 percent of the group.
Meet the honorees:
- Zachary Detra, who received his JD from the Sturm College of Law in 2005, is a partner at Denver law firm Davis Graham & Stubbs.
- Anthony Epps, who has a 2006 BSBA in information technology from the Daniels College of Business and a 2009 JD from Sturm, is a partner at local law firm Dorsey & Whitney LLP.
- Allison Gerkman is director of the Educating Tomorrow’s Lawyers program at DU’s Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System.
- Phoenix Jackson, who received a BSBA in management from Daniels in 2008, is a client relations strategist at Denver’s 9NEWS.
- Adeeb Khan, who received his MBA from Daniels in 2014, is director of corporate responsibility at TIAA.
- Janiece Mackey received a BA in criminology and political science in 2006 and is currently a PhD student at the Morgridge College of Education. She is cofounder and executive director of Young Aspiring Americans for Social and Political Activism, which helps youth of color prepare for careers in public service.
- Orthopaedic surgeon Justin Newman, who received a BS in biological sciences in 2004, owns Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Specialists.
- Sarah Treadway, who received her MBA from Daniels in 2009, is president and co-CEO at Stout Street Hospitality, which owns and operates hotels in Denver, Dallas, Houston, Omaha, St. Louis and Winter Park.
- Ashley Wald, who in 2005 received a JD from Sturm and a master’s degree in international studies from the Josef Korbel School of International Studies, is a partner at Denver law firm Holland & Hart.