HRIC Offers Sessions on Legal and Policy Updates
Human Resources and Inclusive Community is pleased to once again offer Annual Legal and Trends Update sessions to our community. The sessions will provide you with important updates on legal and policy matters impacting our workplace. Back by popular demand, this year we will again include focused learning outcomes that you can immediately apply on the job. As in the past, the Annual Legal and Trends Update is a mandatory training and is specially designed to meet the needs of community members who meet any of the following criteria:
- Complete annual reviews for benefited employees
- Hire or supervise employees (including non-benefited and work-study positions)
- Have authority to request FTE or staff positions during the budget development process
- Have authority to decide how budget is spent to deliver programs or employee compensation
- Have program delivery/management (on- or off-campus) responsibilities
- Act as an agent of the University (acts on behalf of the University)
- Formulate agreements or contracts with vendors
- Faculty serving as a department chair and/or in an administrative role
Training sessions have been scheduled for the following dates and times. You only need to participate in one session. All sessions take place in the Anderson Academic Commons, Room 290.
Thursday, March 22nd
§ Session One: 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
§ Session Two: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
§ Session Three: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Tuesday, March 27th
§ Session Four: 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
§ Session Five: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Wednesday, March 28th
§ Session Six: 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
§ Session Seven: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Register through the Employee Tab on PioneerWeb (select Workplace Law and Policy from the Training channel). Session capacity is 100; if you are waitlisted, you will be notified of available sessions. Light refreshments will be served.
If you have any questions related to whether your position meets the criteria listed above, please contact your budget officer or Cati Miller, Human Resources and Inclusive Community (Catherine.Miller@du.edu or x13962).
We look forward to your participation in one of these sessions and hope that you will find it an enriching part of your professional development.